Bible House Goes Up In Flames

PROPERTY worth thousands of kwachas has been burnt after part of Bible House and neighbouring business outlets in Lusaka’s central business district caught fire yesterday.
It took hours before firefighters from the Zambia Air Force and Lusaka City Council (LCC) brought the fire under control as hundreds of people gathered around the buildings.
LCC public relations manager Mulunda Habeenzu said a shop called “Peace Spares Suppliers” which was a warehouse caught fire around 11:00 hours.
Mr Habeenzu said the shop stocked lubricants, vehicle spares, paint and hardware.
“Preliminary investigations have showed that a welder who was doing some works could have ignited the fire,” Mr Habeenzu said.