My Husband’s Drinking Problem Is Ruining Our Marriage

Police 1I have been married for almost 5 years and also have a 4-year-old daughter. Ours was a love marriage, which was against my family’s wishes.
My husband does not match with me in education, background, job, lifestyle etc. But due to the love between us, I had taken the decision of marrying him, thinking that we will manage everything once we are together. My problem is that he’s an alcoholic and even after getting married, he didn’t quit drinking and it has now become a daily affair. He comes home late and in a drunken state. He was earlier working but now he has left his job for doing some business.
He does not contribute in the household expenses too. I am the only one who is managing everything from our child’s education to home rent and all other big and small expenses. I have been discussing this with him since the first year of our marriage, but he doesn’t like to take my advice.
He loves me very much but is unable to quit drinking somehow. Though, he wants to do everything possible for us, but he is unable to succeed in any of his attempts. I am helping him in every possible way by financially supporting him for his small-scale business and by managing home alone, but things do not seem to change.
It’s not that I want to leave him, but somewhere I do not see the situation getting any better.
Our daughter is growing up and I am worried that this may create inferiority complex in her. What shall I do? I am in acute dilemma.

7 Responses to "My Husband’s Drinking Problem Is Ruining Our Marriage"

1. Mukongo Mwila   April 13, 2016 at 10:35 am

yaba

2. popopo   April 13, 2016 at 11:43 am

Pray for him continuously without stopping and one day our almighty God shall answer your Prayers.Be as strong as always and continue LOVING him.stay blessed and wish you God’s Blessings

3. zingalume phulantenga   April 14, 2016 at 12:44 pm

take him for councelling,there is room for change.

4. kandolo   April 15, 2016 at 1:19 pm

You can not change a person. You knew his bahavour even before you married him, so how can he change now. You did not listen to your relatives, you ignored them, maybe even your parents. so what more do you want? will the world assist you? Just endure entill he comes to his senses.

5. mkjoachim   April 16, 2016 at 12:15 pm

despair not my sister, if indeed you r sure and believe that your guy loves you so much….keep on with your love. And I believe he is doing fine financially for him to be drinking too much every day

6. Mubanga   April 16, 2016 at 5:20 pm

I am Happy that you still love him. From a spiritual point i would say this man would love to be free from this enslaving spirit but the devil is holding him. Continue to love him and earnestly pray or find a true servant of God to help you pray. God knows your heart and your marriage was based on love though you overlooked the drinking problem before you got married. This has happened and only God can help you. May the Lord give you the strength you need.

7. SHIBUKOMBE KU LUAPULA   April 20, 2016 at 3:11 am

You are not alone,many of these men we see around, others driving or doing business their achievements comes from their wives etc.Thats not bad at all, however what is bad is to fail to realise that its bad to be in a comfort zone under the umbrella of your wife sweat.Probally you have given him too much comfort in the name of love.Remember Decisions come with responsibility,,,Work him up in his sleep, and be realistic with him,however doing so with love but yet firm. Thanks