‘Please Help, I’m HIV+ And My Pregnant Girlfriend Doesnt Know About It.’

Dear Kitwe Times,

I am a man age 27 years old,live within lsk city. I am working with a private company but not all that good. My problem is that I am HIV positive. I discovered that am positive when i was only 14 years old. My life has not been easy for me from that time.
Now the big issue is that i have a girlfriend who i have been dating for about seven months now….i had sexual intercourse with her once about two months ago but still i was scared to do that because i know my status. I was about to tell her….but after a month she came to approach me saying she is one month pregnant. I felt cold like i don’t know. I am failing to tel her that I am ABCD because I’m afraid she can abort that pregnancy. Its now been two months.
So i am asking for advise. What should i do for me not to lose her? I love her so much and i don’t want that pregnancy to disappear. I want that baby to be born…..please please advise me on what to do.
I am also scared to tell her because maybe if i do she might have a miscarriage because of stress.
Thank you.

From a Male Reader

10 Responses to "‘Please Help, I’m HIV+ And My Pregnant Girlfriend Doesnt Know About It.’"

1. Grant   March 28, 2016 at 1:09 pm

Report yourself to police for cause grievious bodily harm to her.

2. Jim Zimba   March 28, 2016 at 6:36 pm

You’re a murderer period!

3. PEACE PREACHER   March 29, 2016 at 12:48 am

You have already made a mistake by having unprotected sex with her despite knowing your status.

Since you have said that you love her, just marry her so that you can raise the baby together. Remember that you have ruined her life and you canot make it worse for her.

Start by taking insalamu so that you give her hope for the future. Wishing you well!

4. GM   March 29, 2016 at 12:51 pm

U ARE A FOOL AND EVIL.REPORT YOSELF TO THE POLICE AND SEEK GOD.

5. Bullu   March 29, 2016 at 3:56 pm

Doesn’t she go for antenatal, she will know her status soon just start preparing your explanation

6. Mweemba   March 30, 2016 at 11:49 am

Wat u did was bad coz u knew u we’re not ok, jst make sure u make a life for that girl and the child, its not the end of the world u can still be happy.

7. Guru   March 31, 2016 at 1:50 pm

Stay positive and seek professional counsel. You will survive with her.

8. Son of god   April 6, 2016 at 4:56 pm

Thank you for your request as such things are not easy dealt with along.
    First I want you to understand that you can live with HIV for a very very long time and it is not a death sentence. You need to open up with her and ask her to go with you for VCT so that you both know your status. God is a miracle God and can heal you and more over you can even use sondashi formula and get healed from HIV. Am sure you are taking ARVs and she need to start aswel if she is found positive. So help yourself and help your baby and her by going for VCT and start ARVs together. The other thing is that you should continue loving her and make her your wife, then God will help you both no matter what. But first thing ask God to forgive you for having sex before marriage and repent of your sins and then start doing the right thing going forward. May God bless you.

9. Tom Banoko   April 7, 2016 at 1:13 pm

Imwe Mwe Bantu, Police Av Nothing 2do With Aids. It Was Ubushende Btween Them! Dear Brother Was Your Girlfriend A Vergin? If Not Then She Deserve That.

10. mkjoachim   April 8, 2016 at 1:43 pm

Listern youngman,

There is nothing to hide to your girlfriend remember that there’s mandatory HIV testing at antinatal stage at any clinic in Zambia. That means your girl will be tested and you have to be tested as well. HIV is normal and the truth is that between 30 and 35% of Zambian adults are infected. YOU WILL BE CANCELLED AND PLEASE HELP EACH may be she might test negative because nowadays this trend is common. Relax and be courageous!!