Poisonous Mushroom Kills 2

Two children aged two and three years have died while nine others are admitted to Serenje District Hospital in Central Province after consuming mushrooms believed to have been poisonous.
Central Province medical officer Rosemary Mwanza said in an interview yesterday the children ate the mushroom on Tuesday morning.
Ms Mwanza said seven of the victims are girls while four are boys with the oldest being 15 years old.
“They were playing in the bush and cooked some mushrooms, which they ate. They were referred to Serenje District Hospital from Kanona Health Post,” Dr Mwanza said.
One of the victims died at home and another at the hospital.
Dr Mwanza said the rest of the children are in stable condition